What Was the Cold War?
The Early Years
US History 652
- What were the origins and developments of the Cold War?
- Who were the US Presidents in the early years of the Cold War?
- _________ ____________ 1948-1952
- _____________ __ ________________1952-1960
- _______________ __ _________________ 1960-1963
- According to the Stalin political cartoon, what was he attempting to create?
- What year was the United Nations created? What is its purpose? Who are the permanent Security Council Members? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations)
- Define 1st, 2nd, and 3rd world nations in the context of the Cold War.
- What did Winston Churchill claim was being created in Eastern Europe? (Churchill’s Iron Curtain Speech)
- What was the Truman Doctrine (1948)?
- What was the Marshall Plan? How might it be seen as bribery?
- Where was the first battleground space of the Cold War? What was Operation Vittles?
- What was NATO (1949)? What was the Soviet Response (1955)?
- What was the new reality in the world concerning nuclear weapons?
- What three major government departments were created with the National Security Act (1947)?
- What was the importance of NSC 68?
(Now, repeat after me…) – Now listen to Bert…